intake 11/9 (finally back post-Sandy)
2 eggs over-medium with peppers and tomatos
1 slice wheat toast (plain)
1 medium orange
2 cups water
update: I’M BACKKK
hi all you beautiful people out there! I have a major, major update!
- I’ve lost 8 pounds since being at school (about 6 weeks)
- I’ve also lost a pant size since then (currently a size 8, down from a size 12)
- at 152 lbs, that’s 26 LBS DOWN! (really, i’m so proud of my progress!)
I want to shift the focus of my blog to how I stay healthy at school! Healthy cafeteria options, healthy dorm snacks, dorm workouts, etc. I’m so excited to continue my success and help you all reach yours! It hasn’t been a fast journey, but I’m finally discovering the lifestyle change of it all.
love you all, talk to you soon!
I’M OFFICIALLY 22 POUNDS DOWN!
sorry, it’s been one hell of a summer, but i’ve been working my butt off, i promise(:
Anonymous asked: Hey! I've been on a fitness kick for the past 2ish months and lost around 15lbs (woohoo!) However, I'm kind of stuck now weight-wise and still have around 20lbs to lose before reaching my target weight. Is there anything you could recommend??
Wow, just take a minute to look at the progress that you’ve already made. That’s AMAZING! I know that it took me FOREVER to lose my first 20. it was always 10 pounds, and then i’d be back up to where is was. the whole yo-yo thing was where i was at.
To lose the next twenty, I would definitely recommend starting to incorporate weight training. Have you started basic moves with dumbbells? I have moved my way up to 9-11 lbs, and that’s only the beginning. when i get back to school, i’m really interested in weight training with barbells and stuff. do not fear the bulk;)
okay, weight training aside, are you drinking target amounts of water? i try for three liters a day (that’s almost a gallon, which sounds a little crazy.) it helps fend off the bloating that might be caused by excess sodium or sugars in your diet.. which should also be pretty clean to drop the last bit of weight. think high proteins with good fats (omega-3. get all the good fish! plus it’ll make your skin/hair/nails awesome too.) Then try and minimize the white/processed flours. try and eliminate the white rice/bread.
let me know more about your progress, this is amazing! you’re totally awesome for staying on track(:
Anonymous asked: how did you start your new lifestyle? i am 18 and not feeling very happy with my body or the way that i eat. any suggestions? does having a blog like this help with following the lifestyle?
hey hun! yes, most definitely having, or at least following positive lifestyle blogs helps me stay on track! I’m still working on it, but know that it took me a long time to get to where i am.
1. small changes. cliched, but cut out one thing at a time. you a huge soda drinker? start minimizing the number of times you have it with meals. replace with healthier options like tea or water. with so many flavor options, you can’t go wrong.
2. find healthier versions of your favorite foods! so many recipes act as good replacements for pancakes, mac n cheese, pizza, you name it! healthier, low cal, higher protein/fiber options help the healthy lifestyle take shape. they also help you see changes in your mood/energy/body composition!
come back at me with more specifics if you have them! <3 keep up the good work!
annoyed that i made so much running progress and now i can’t run because of surgery healing. BUT, i am going to get back up and work up to it. going on a walk for a couple miles!