I need a bit of encouragement to get back on track. any help?
I did so well last summer through about march. I have just really fallen in terms of holding myself accountable for tracking my workouts and diet.
Heading to the gym now to get myself back to the starting line. This is a LIFESTYLE . I need constant reminders of this since it isn’t totally ingrained just yet.
sorry for being a disappointment, guys.
CW: 165 let’s do this.
- 1 cup rice chex cereal with 2 percent milk
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe
- 1 egg over easy
- starkist lemon pepper tuna
- fiber one 90 calorie bar. (i know, i was busy and ate what i could)
- safron rice
- romaine lettuce
- celery sticks (probably like 7 with hot sauce!)
- black olives/kidney beans (1/4 cup total)
- Breyer’s coffee ice cream (1/2 cup)
i needed that big dinner; i was so hungry!
gluten-free month starts tomorrow!
a good friend of mine here at college recently got diagnosed with celiacs disease (gluten intolerance). to show my support (and generally try it out for the health benefits) i’m going to do:
a gluten-free month!
i will be tracking my experiences and obstacles as they come.
i’m hoping that the change will leave me feeling different and refreshed!
I’ve been really STRESSED:
i’m trying to combat a little:
- weight gain. i’ve gained like 5 lbs since i’ve been back, but i’ve revamped my workout routine and diet! (more on that soon!)
- acne. gross stress indicator (currently on the repair)
- BEING SICK! i’ve had a terrible, terrible cold/ear-infection/throat-infection combo for about 3 weeks now. that’s really taken a toll on me.
- midterms. ug
But, I’m getting better. I took some time for myself to re-evaluate some things, and now I’m back again! can’t wait to get back on track and everything with my beloved health community.
thanks for hangin’ with me, you guys! love love love you all.
Brazilian Butt Workout
For anyone that is interested:
We all want a nice butt to make our skinny jeans look good. Try out this butt workout to tighten, tone and lift your butt!
20 Plie Squats
20 Donkey Kicks per side
20 Fire Hydrants per side
20 Circling Donkey Kick per side
30 Alternating Split Jumps
30 Alternating Sliders
30 Hips Lifts
20 Lunges Kicks per side
Do this 3x through for an awesome butt workout! I know your buns will be burning by the end of this
- 3/4 cup fiber one raisin bran (180 cal)
- 1/2 cup milk (1%) (55 cal)
- 1 medium tangerine (50 cal)
- 1 cup coffee (5 cal)
- 1 cup green tea (5 cal)
- yoplait light (i know, i’m working on grocery shopping soon for real food) (90 cal)
- 1 slice whole grain toast (100 cal)
- 1 egg scrambled (100 cal)
- 1 medium sliced red bell pepper (40 cal)
- 2 WW string cheeses (100 cal)
back home and ready to get back on track!
I’m so excited for these next three weeks! It will give me a chance to not only detox from the stress of school, but also cleanse myself of those cafeteria meals that have been bogging me down. Though I try my hardest to eat healthfully, the processed, mass meals aren’t home cooking.
here are my goals for winter break:
- meal planning/cooking (try new recipes and different protein portions!)
- cut out processed as much as possible, stick to veggies and fruit for a full detox
- home workouts including strength and cardio
- hot yoga! (go to more classes now that I have time and master a new pose!)
These goals are going to help realign my healthy mind, and get me back on track for next semester. I’m going to (hopefully) reap the weight loss benefits, the rejuvenated skin benefits, and more. This is really going to set me up for the new year well.
aka stress and irregular eating. This has been consistent for about three weeks now. Because of the irregular eating, i’ve been fluctuating and am currently at 156 pounds :(
up from before, but not by an irreparable amount. As soon as i return home will be a time to detox, refocus on healthy habits (hooray for cooking real food!), and really plan out how i want to shape these habits as i return to school for the spring semester.
Being and keeping healthy at college is definitely more difficult, but not unachievable! If I can do it, so can all of you <3
chocolate muffin (i know, i know..)
Coffee (with half and half)
Stir fry: (veggie overload, mmm. no rice)
- white asparagus
- garbanzo beans
- kidney beans
- green asparagus
- green peppers
7 tater tots (couldn’t resist)
2 glasses of water